Where in Indonesia to tack on to a business trip in late October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. Still looking at both Bali and Komodo, but I think that's what it's narrowed down to.

Wisnu, the SMY Mangguana looks like a fairly nice boat, thanks for the detailed writeup and great pictures.

Do you (or does anyone) have a recommendation on Komodo Cruises vs Wicked vs. Divine diving boats? I'm having difficulty getting a true sense for the cabins and boats. It seems like Komodo cruises might be the least "budget".

I agree that Bali would be really easy and less travel. The only downside is I've visited before. Any further suggestions on where to visit for 3-4 days would be great (Tulamben, Amed, Padang Bai/Candidasa, Menjangen area, and Nusa Penida/Lembongan?). Dive wise I prefer a mix (not just macro), but, have not gone muck diving so would like to try it. If I'm going to stay on Bali, I'd like to stay somewhere where it's easy to get to diving but I can also decompress by the pool/beach/etc when not diving.

thanks!

Why not consider staying in Pemuteran and diving the island of Menjangan? It offers great coral reefs and some interesting wall dives with healthy fish life. You can then also dive the muck dive sites of PJs and Secret Bay which are easily reached from Pemuteran as well. A great combination for a short trip

I can tell you that Divine Diving probably has the boat that is probably the most "budget", but it's a very well-run operation and you get Hila Jansen, a first class dive guide and actual DM. He was actually on Mangguana when we first met him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom