Where in the world to go in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malaysia
Sipadan, Orang-utan, Elephants, Great Food, Jungle walks.
Perfect for a 2 week holiday. Fly into KL or Singapore, not as crowded as Thailand, lots of good diving.
Worth thinking about.
p.s. I am planning a trip there at present so pm me if you want to pick my brains.

If you have two weeks and want to go somewhere exotic, I'd say Thailand. You can do a liveaboard to the Similans for a week, then spend another week in Thailand doing land stuff. Thailand is a beautiful country with great people and a very good tourist infrastructure making it easy to make arrangements to go and to get around once you are there. If you are thinking of anywhere in Southeast Asia or the south Pacific, just make sure you check the weather patterns. Most places have distinct rainy and dry seasons and they are all different. For example, January is a good time to visit the Andaman Sea (where Phuket and the Similans are located) whereas it's the rainy season in many parts of Indonesia (although not all - Indonesia is a huge country).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom