Where is the Best Overall Diving in the World?? (Big question I know lol)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you don’t like tipping dive professionals?

Not picking on dive professional per se, but any kind of tipping in New Zealand is very unusual. We believe that people should get paid a fair wage and not have to rely on tips. I noticed that the cost of a dive trip on a dive boat is quite a bit higher in New Zealand than it is in the USA where tipping is customary so it probably works out in the end.

Ditto no tipping in Australia - and I agree Poor Knights is a very good dive spot.

Whalesharks & Ningaloo are west of GBR by an entire continent not south btw :wink:

Great Diving - PNG, Tuomotos in French Polynesia, Raja Ampat, Verde Island.

Holy crap, I think you asked for peoples favorite dive sites, not how to get a job..... So I love love love Indo! I did a fantastic live aboard in Komodo, manta heaven!!!! Lots of fun drift dive. I also loved Lembeh but I love muck!!!! and blue ring octos. Philippines was awesome. Frogfish and nudi galore. But I still say my overall favorite dive destination was Palau. Sharks sharks and more sharks, dugongs, incredible bait balls. You can also get Yap and Truk from there. I didn't find Fiji too impressive but we hit the end of a cyclone. I also really love the Galapagos, sharks, whalesharks, seals, bait balls. If it were me, I would choose Indonesia or Galapagos they both offer such diversity and different areas to explore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom