Where to beach dive in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm going to be traveling to Cocoa Beach for the month of Nov and Dec and sure don't want to go 2 months without diving. Does anyone know of any beach diving in that area.?I have a kayak there so I could put my gear on the kayak and paddle out a little bit. Thanks

I go to the Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach area a few times a year. Diving Springs (like Blue Spring and Alexander springs) are your closest shore dives.

For saltwater shore dives, I have headed south to either Blue Heron Bridge or Lauderdale by the Sea, which is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I was a bit surprised when I first started diving, and tried to find a dive boat... all the shops in the area told me that due to the reefs being so far offshore, it made more sense for a dive operation to be in Jupiter or West Palm, where the reefs are really close.

I have not found any good saltwater shore diving within an hour and a half of Cape Canaveral. I have heard mixed reviews on Fort Pierce... but if you're going to load up your kayak and drive, might as well keep heading further South.

If you do find a good dive spot close to Cape Canaveral, I would definitely be interested in knowing where it is...

there are some great shore dives from Vero Beach thru Fort Pierce. We have a shallow extensive reef system with lots of sealife including some fairly big stuff. I suggest touching base with Vero Beach Scuba Club because local knowlwdge is a must here.
Heck, PM me and i'll dive with you!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to post any good sites I find while I'm down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom