where to begin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parachuta,

I've only recently started to purchase equipment outside of a diving mask. Before I bought fins, B.C., reg, booties, compass, etc, I've had good luck with rental gear.

In general, I wouldn't say it was the newest stuff on the market, but most of the gear that I rented fit and performed well.

I'd recommend renting from a couple of different dive shops for the first few times. It gives you a great opportunity to discover what you like/don't like, and without the commitment of spending a lot of money!
-Todd.

The Open Water Course I'm most familiar with is $250 which includes everything including all books, materials, instructiosn, all check out dives and all gear rental.

I did not own a single piece of equipment (not even a mask, snorkle, and fins) until I had between 30 - 50 dives logged.

Liz

sweet, it looks like I will be taking my ow at the end of august. The instructor mentioned something about flex? I have to get back in contact with him for him to tell me more. anyone familiar with it?

Back
Top Bottom