Question Where to buy cave maps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks, I’m looking to buy a few Florida cave maps and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy them online. NSS-CDS has a few, but most are out of stock.

Also a related question, who owns the rights to these maps and why aren’t they more readily available?

Thanks!

The cartographer. Florida maps are generally EE, CCDS, DiveOutpost, sometimes Wayne/Amigos, CDS. Others are kind of “ask around and find out,” whereas some are freely available on the web. Others have been lost to time or exist in various exploration group databases. Which are you looking for?

Which ones are you looking for?

Thanks for the replies! I like having physical maps. It seems like a lot of the digital ones are quite pixelated and difficult to read. I also find them quite aesthetically nice to look at and want to put a few more up on my wall.

Right now I would most like to have JB and Little River.

Right now I would most like to have JB and Little River.
Good luck w JB unless Jason has continued work on his. CaveAdventurers will sell you a tshirt as that’s the best map version they have available.

EE should have Adam’s LR map and I’ll say it’s probably the best submerged map of anything in the area. Truly a labor of love.

Good luck w JB unless Jason has continued work on his. CaveAdventurers will sell you a tshirt as that’s the best map version they have available.

I hear they lost the JB map source file. I bought Twin and Hole in the Wall prints last year when I was there.

EE should have Adam’s LR map and I’ll say it’s probably the best submerged map of anything in the area. Truly a labor of love.
I have the shirt! It has come in handy a few times. Really a shame if the source file got lost. Hopefully someone can turn it up on a hard drive somewhere. I know Cave Atlas and Florida Caves do a good job of providing what is available, but sure would be nice if we could create a database of high res images available for purchase where royalties go back to the cartographer. Maybe that's my niche!

It is very sad CA can put the good map on a shirt but nowhere else. I still don’t get why even though I’ve been told a few times. The LR map is pretty easy to find. There were a ton at ee last week. I’m speaking of Adam’s map

I have JB and Little river as a jpg. But not a really good quality. I have tried to improve them with Gigapixel AI. On my 24 inch screen they are now clear enough to print on A4.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom