where to buy drysuit...USA or SPAIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icarusflies

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All;

Here is a question for you guys. I am now in Miami where I dive every week end but next month I ll be moving to Barcelona, Spain. I speak fluent Spanish so I ll be OK.

I really hope I ll find some good diving there. Since I still plan to dive in the winter I am going to buy a drysuit.

Do you guys think that it is better to buy suit here in the USA or wait till I am in Spain...where will I find the best deal?

Thank you all

I don't know what the selection is like in spain, but you've got a TON of options here in the US. However, if you buy a suit now, you will be moving before it can be delivered unless you buy one off the rack.

Icarusflies:
Do you guys think that it is better to buy suit here in the USA or wait till I am in Spain...where will I find the best deal?
I recommend that you buy your suit in the area that you will be using it. That way, you can make sure that it is appropriate for the local diving and that warranty and repair services are close at hand.

There are a few good brands that are sold in Europe but not in the US, so you might have more choices there. However the bigger question is are you moving for work? will you be working for a US company or a europeen one. And if you are going to be working for a US company, will your salary be based in $US or in Euros. Because the Euro is so strong right now, if you are being paid in Euro, getting a drysuit in the $US will save you about a third of the price compare to buying in with $US.

I am just concerned about the choices I ll have in Spain vs what I have here. However the service is important.

Thank you all for the feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom