Where to buy packages online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking at getting a BC, guages, and the octopus. I'm wondering what sites should I be looking at. I keep looking at some places that offer packages, but I'm just not coming up with much. I looked at www.joediveramerica.com and thought there Viper package was alright, but upon further research, I find that people don't like the Viper system. As well, I'm def not interested in any wet breathing. Thanks for the advice.

I know buying online seems like a good idea, well at least its cheaper. I would recommend not buying online and support your local dive shop. If everyone were to buy on the net the local dive shops would go out of bus. and where would u get your air fills and service? Going to dive shops should be like seeing your family. Its nice to know the people in the shop and for them to know you, the diving is much more enjoyable.

Justin

Well Maybe. But I would do it in terms of saving money. If the LDS actually made a good attempt to save me the money, then I would be more prone to buy from them. Most have this attitude of having there nose up in the air like "why in the world you you buy online". Well, if the same exact products come out to $300 or $400 cheaper that's why. I get tired of the arrogance at LDS.

No "Bricks and Mortar" LDS will be able to match the price from an online dealer for a single component. Where a dive shop saves money is on the cost of the total dive experience; especially with a new diver.

Where you can save money is on courses, advice, meeting people with similar interests, manitenance/repairs and stuff like that which you can't get from the online place. Even if the LDS can't match the price, can they beat the price by giving you free air, discounts on courses, loaner kit and other "benies"??

Of course, you still have to like them and they have to like you.......

Originally posted by Ontario Diver
No "Bricks and Mortar" LDS will be able to match the price from an online dealer for a single component.
Not always....as several divers here have attested.

Where you can save money is on courses, advice, meeting people with similar interests, manitenance/repairs and stuff like that which you can't get from the online place.
Uh, you're saying you can't get those things without buying all your gear there? It's going to be a pain buying all new gear when you move to a new town, then.... :rolleyes:

Even if the LDS can't match the price, can they beat the price by giving you free air, discounts on courses, loaner kit and other "benies"??
I'd be fascinated to know what "bennies" would have been worth the $1000.00 (USD) I've saved over the past year or so.

Of course, you still have to like them and they have to like you.......
Great, pay a huge premium to buy locally, then find out the LDS doesn't like you....

Originally posted by douhunt
I would recommend not buying online and support your local dive shop. If everyone were to buy on the net the local dive shops would go out of bus. and where would u get your air fills and service? Going to dive shops should be like seeing your family.
Family?

As in the ones with the pinstripe suits?

That might explain some of those "dive packages you can't refuse."

:wink:

I agree with the whole discounts on this, discounts on that, meeting friends, yada yada yada. But c'mon, how many friends do you meet when they act so arrogantly about online places. They should have less of an attitude problem, and more trying to show you what they can do for you if you don't buy online. I'm a senior in college, and won't be able to get half the gear you all have until another 4 or 5 years. So money is what turns my head. Not who scratches my back in terms of family or what not.

I'm not sure a "package" for these items is available. Why would you care if a Viper might occasionally breath wet if it's an octopus? The side breather is ideal for an octopus, but chances are it will never be used anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom