Where to do cert dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an alternate to doing just the cert dives in nice tropical warm water, you might consider doing the course work online and all in-water dive classes in the tropics. Decide where you want to stay in Belize or with whom you want to dive and contact them for their SSI or PADI number as they get credit for the online class as I understand it. I recently had two ladies from Singapore get certified at Kungkungan Bay this way and it worked great for them.

OK Downing, I'll have to acknowledge that but frankly, my perspective is almost always that I'd rather be diving. :)

I totally get that. Summer before last I spent three weeks in Placencia, diving the first week, driving around the country the second and diving again the third. I had a total blast checking out the country, but I was still eager to resume diving. Clambering over Mayan ruins and hiking through the jungle is a lot of fun, but nothing beats a great dive.

Dang, I gotta get back.

:) I've done a bunch of scrambling around and banging around the countyside and even though I often intend to do more of it, find that I can't bring myself to let my gear dryout for a couple of days.

All that said, one MUST do the ATM cave if at all possible! So an inland excursion should be done at least once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom