where to get lessons in Dallas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoonerBJJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to the board and to SCUBA. I plan on getting certified this summer and getting into the water as often as possible thereafter.

Where are the better places for lessons in the Dallas area? I want good technical instruction with the option to pursue more advanced training as it becomes appropriate.

Any thoughts or comparisons of ScubaToys, Diving with Larry & Sherry, Grapevine, Emerald Sea or Aquaworld? These are only the shops I can think of off the top of my head but I know there are others in the DFW area. Any recommendations or adv/disadv of any of these over another?

Thanks in advance.

My wife and I did our training at Scuba Toys. Their instructors were great. I have nothing to compare them to, but we were very happy with the experience.

Dallas area is a pretty large space. If you narrow it down a little, that might help.

I like Surface Interval in Arlington for training classes. Debra and crew rock.

Adventure Scuba in Plano offers what you are looking for.

(I do work for Adventure Scuba so take this for what its worth.)

TwoBit

Talk to any Metroplex shop that has been in business for longer than five years. Narrow it down as to whether the shop can fullfil your needs. Talk to several of their divemasters, check out their personalities, and ask them about how the class will held. After that, you'll know which shop to go with...

BetterLateThannever:
Dallas area is a pretty large space. If you narrow it down a little, that might help.

I live near downtown but am willing to drive a bit to get what I need.

Do most of these places have their own pools?

Thanks for all the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom