where to get lessons in Dallas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it the same Woody that worked with ya'll a couple years ago?
If so, Kewl!

TruckDiver:
Is it the same Woody that worked with ya'll a couple years ago?
If so, Kewl!

Yup.. Same Woody. He's putting our new server together right now, and will be helping us get the scuba tech section going here in a bit.

scubatoys:
Yup.. Same Woody. He's putting our new server together right now, and will be helping us get the scuba tech section going here in a bit.

What will your 'scuba tech' section include???

texdiveguy:
What will your 'scuba tech' section include???

Well... uh... techie stuff??:huh:

See the deal is, I'm not a tech diver... never proclaimed to be. Heck, I'm not even sure if I should call it "tech" or "tec" to be really cool. I'm an 80 cubed diver... 80 foot depth, 80 foot vis, 80 degrees. But because of customer requests, we do stock some dive rite stuff, got some VR3 computers, etc. Now Woody actually does the training for intro tech through extended range, tri-mix, etc.

I know he wants us to carry some canister lights, and some other misc stuff that his students would need in classes... but exactly what... I couldn't tell you right now. But if you give a shout over to the shop in a few weeks, hook up with Woody or Mike, and I'm sure they could give you more info. And of course if there is anything specific you are looking for... I'm sure we can get it!

Cool I was hoping to talk to Woody about some tech stuff. It is a shame to lose Emerald Sea Divers they where a great asset to have on 75.

INTERNATIONAL SCUBA in Carrollton if you're up north

Divemonster SCUBA is where I got my Open Water and Nitrox certifications. They're great guys... very knowledgable, and I had a lot of fun!

divemonster.jpg

Thanks for all the replys. Do you think it's important for a course to have an on-site pool, or doesn't it matter?

SoonerBJJ:
Thanks for all the replys. Do you think it's important for a course to have an on-site pool, or doesn't it matter?

No it is not an important issue,,,,does make it a bit more conv. though. My LDS has its own pool just a few minutes from the shop location...no problem. www.siscuba.com

SoonerBJJ:

My wife and I thought it was important.
We also thought it was important to stop by and talk
directly with the shops about their courses, pricing,
and schedules. There are variances and you may just click
better with one than another.
We talked to 3 different shops before we made
our choice. We did ours with Scuba Toys.
Turned out to actually be the closest to us as well.

On one training day at the pool, an o-ring blew on my wifes tank.
Since the shop is right there, we simply grabbed another tank
and continued. Not sure what you'd do if you were at an
offsite pool.

Also, ask the shop what Temperature that they keep the
pool. If the pool isn't heated, if you don't have a wetsuit,
you will get cold and that could make things more stressful
and harder. ScubaToys keeps their pool about 90F which
sounds warm but after being in it for a while can still
chill you.

--- bill

Back
Top Bottom