Where to get my divemaster in Europe : Egypt, Croatia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucmarchand

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have a PADI Advanced certification, and almost 60 dives logged. I'm looking for a place to get divemaster in internship (meaning the certification is free in exchange of some work). I'm from France, and i'm looking mostly places around the Mediterranée, so not too far.

My criterias are those following :
1 - Nice dives sites
2 - warm water (above 25°C) around june/july
3 - Cheap country (around 50USD per day for food/accomodation)

So far, i've shortlisted 2 countries : Egypt and Croatia.

What do you think? Any feedback?

Egypt has many more dive centres, warmer water and more varied sea life. And a degree of political unrest.

I don't know which centres (if any) would offer a DM internship, but living costs are typically much less than $50 per day so you should be able to pay for the course and still keep within budget. Try posting in the Red Sea forum for more detailed and up to date info.

You will need to do Rescue Diver before you can start the DM course as well.

I have no knowledge of Croatia.

I can't think of anywhere in Egypt which will give you a DM internship in exchange for 'some work'. The situation in Egypt is pretty bad- there are no tourists and so no extra money to spend on giving free training. There are also many Egyptians which will do the 'some work' and the Dive Centers are employing them.

However I think Egypt is a good place to do a DM- just be prepared to pay for it. Because of the economic problems in Egypt, you may be able to get a good price if you are prepared to shop around. There are a few very good French Instrs there with a lot of worldwide diving knowledge. I would suggest always to take a DM course in your mother language. If you continue to Instr, then I suggest you do it in English. As an approx price it will be around 700euro.

Come to Greece, pretty much every dive club offers Padi divemaster certification. I am on Paros Island doing my cmas4* and hopefully 1* instructor. You have a lot of islands to choose from, it is very beautiful, cheap to live and easy to get to (easyjet). Le francais est un atout pour travailler par la meme occasion.

requin,

Come to Greece, pretty much every dive club offers Padi divemaster certification. I am on Paros Island doing my cmas4* and hopefully 1* instructor. You have a lot of islands to choose from, it is very beautiful, cheap to live and easy to get to (easyjet). Le francais est un atout pour travailler par la meme occasion.

requin,

Thanks everybody for your advices.

Requin, est ce que tu connais des centres en Grêce qui pratiquent des internship subventionné en échange de travail? Merci d'avance!

Back
Top Bottom