where to go for next Caribbean dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a look at Turneffe Island Resort, Belize. Pretty sure you'll get what you want. You could try Cayo Espanto if you really want to be pampered. :)

In my not-so-humble opinion the best diving in the Caribbean is in Turks & Caicos, probably followed by Saba.

But YMMV. Lot's of other people's M does.

Rhoneman, to what places are you comparing Saba and T&C? Have you been to Turneffe?

In my not-so-humble opinion the best diving in the Caribbean is in Turks & Caicos
I wouldn't have too much trouble agreeing...I've experienced very few places as good as French Cay. Especially when you factor in ease of accessibility from the States. I've never been to LCBR though.

I would just by pass cayman and head streight to Turks & Caicos islands (provo) jump on a liverboard and hey presto 5 dives a day and great value and stunning diving as for photography lots to shoot both large (sharks and rays on every dive ) and small (shrimps decorator crabs etc)
doesnt get much better for ease of diving !!!!
you also have the choice of 2 boats explorer or the stunning Aggressor!!!

One of the things about Little Cayman that is different than T&C - the LC wall mostly starts pretty shallow, allowing a shallower average depth and lots of time hanging out shallow at the end of the dive with stuff to see. I can't talk my airhog/photog hubby into returning to T&C because of this. Also makes Saba a tough sell.

As for going to the far side of the world, I have heard folks say that once you dive Indo or the Philippines you'll never want to go back to the Caribbean. I didn't find that to be the case at all. I loved diving there and I saw a lot of things I don't see in the Caribbean but I was not blown away by it. I think sometimes people feel that way because they are seeing creatures they have not seen by just diving the Caribbean. It's great and I will go back but the Caribbean has a lot to offer and the ease of getting there is hard to beat.
Seeing creatures not found in the Caribbean is exactly the point for many people, or at least part of it. Biodiversity is simply much higher in the Indo-Pacific than the Caribbean.

I agree about West Caicos and French Cay being amazing sites. However to subject myself to a LB we would have to travel to other other side of the planet (and are).

I would love to go to Dominica, but that wouldn't be all about the diving. But getting there in one day and no LIAT was next to impossible. Well not impossible but left me with a 45minute layover with an airline that ignored 3 emails. No thanks. One day.

West Caicos and French are great. Dominica is really great IMO. I have been twice and I will be going back. Flights from the US through St. Martin - not Liat.

It was BVI air through SXM that ignored emails.

Going to the Solomon's instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom