Where to go in Florida for a vacation?

Where in Florida for a two week dive vacation?

• Stay in one spot- Venice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay in one spot- Pensacola

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Stay in one spot- East Coast

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Stay in one spot- The Keys

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Stay in one spot- Other (please list)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roam around- the drive counts towards your surface interval

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grf88:
Why not try to fit in a marathon, a couple of decathalons and a visit to Disney World while your at it. When I responded I thought you were looking for a vacation.

Define "vacation". :wink:

medic_diver45:
Define "vacation". :wink:
A period of time devoted to pleasure, rest, or relaxation, especially one with pay granted to an employee.

Seriously though, there is so much great diving around the Keys together with the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed pace of life that you may want to consider a less intensve itinerary.

I'd have to go to the Pensacola area. Wife loves the beach I don't. Learned to dive to have something to look forward to on our annual vacation to Pensacola. Then came hurricanes of 2004. Not going to get to go for a few years. So we went on a cruise and I got to dive in Cozumel and Belize.

No problem, glad to help! (If I can go diving in Florida, I have to live vicariously through others! hahaha!)

Btw.. I can't wait for the concert, I'm a Buffett "virgin"!

medic_diver45:
Thanks for the info. :) Enjoy that Buffett concert. :wink:

Steve,

Don't worry about getting the book unless you plan on diving a lot of shore dives around the state. For visiting, keep an eye on our posts in this forum. Once you get a time line worked out I'm sure you could get dive buddies in almost every area you plan to dive as well so your not hitting a dive site blind. For instance, around Pensacola or Destin area SuperBugman may be able to hook up with ya.. Venice it could be me, ReefGuy, Walter, or 2thDiver... Ft Lauderdale it could be Jenny, Marvel, or any of the dozen others who hit the water there... Jupiter you have BaitedStorm and murphdivers286... dunno what to say about the keys, I've used one boat down there but there are so many and they almost all seem to have a bit of passion about what they do sooooo... it seems to work out that a good experience occurs on a regular basis.

The best thing about diving around FL is that you can have great dives on both boats and the beach, though its dependent upon the weather. May is an excellent month for diving both the Gulf and Atlantic as the waters are starting to warm up and we've not started our summer storm patterns.

Hey.. even if you want to do some river fossiling... I can help direct you to that.. I know how you are about this paleontology stuff!

Buoyant1:
Btw.. I can't wait for the concert, I'm a Buffett "virgin"!

Your going to have a GREAT time... we took our oldest son to his first Buffet Concert @ 18m old.. that was almost a year ago. He still does the shark fin bit and tosses beach balls around the house while wearing a lei when a CD is on. :)

fmw625:
Then came hurricanes of 2004. Not going to get to go for a few years.

The divesites are still there. Quite a bit of Pensacola Beach is back in order, by next year it should be back to normal.

I know we gained a few divesites because of Ivan :) Some of the other divesites were moved a bit or broken a bit, but they still remain. The silt has settled though and the fish are back in a big big way. I've seen more fish on any given site this year than last.

2thDiver? Is he a dentist?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom