Where to look for tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gelirfella

Contributor
Reaction score
Any tips or locations to watch for used tanks other than the classifieds here? eBay seems like it sucks for tanks. Trying to find a set of lp95s. Found a local Facebook group for gear that occasionally has tanks pop up on it, but it’s been difficult to snag them. Watching the classifieds here but not a lot of tanks posted from my area and no one wants to ship tanks. Just have difficulty justifying the 1k shops want for a new doubles set.

Any tips or locations to watch for used tanks other than the classifieds here? eBay seems like it sucks for tanks. Trying to find a set of lp95s. Found a local Facebook group for gear that occasionally has tanks pop up on it, but it’s been difficult to snag them. Watching the classifieds here but not a lot of tanks posted from my area and no one wants to ship tanks. Just have difficulty justifying the 1k shops want for a new doubles set.
I've gotten from Craigslist and the recycler.

How many do you want? Singles or doubles?
I realize I am tooting my own horn, but if you are looking for scuba tanks, shoot me a message or call.
I think I have a couple sets of double 95s and a couple of singles for sale.

I've gotten from Craigslist and the recycler.
I got 3 of mine from Kijiji--Canada's version of Craig's List I think. The seller was local, so I guess that's how it works.

FB marketplace is good , search to see if there is a FB group in your area that only sells scuba gear. Also OfferUp.

Just say no to Craigslist unless you want crap from the 80s and 90s and aluminum tanks in the bad alloy no one will fill these days.

Around here it is no problem getting 6351 tanks inspected and filled. The only reason I don't adopt them and use them is the buoyency.

Back
Top Bottom