Where to place that new dive knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With it on the inside I was just kinda worried about being panicky and yanking it out and accidentally cutting something important...like my knee.

Years ago, we mounted on the inside of our calf so if we had to drop our weight belt, it wouldn't snag. It's all different with weight intergration BC's and the like. It's also a sang hazzard while swimming around the dive site.

Safe diving to you.

I keep mine on the inside of my thigh. Wherever you put it, practice deploying it.

I wear mine on my left shoulder hanging down since i have a lanyard from my knife to my sheath so i don't lose it and i found with with it on my leg i had to keep my leg bent up in order to reach what i was cutting which is kinda awkward. The blade is 7 inches long so it makes the left side of my bc kinda stiff to put on but once its on i dont notice it. Though it does cause me to rotate to the left slightly if im not careful :D

Also i have on occasion used my knife as a reef hook to give myself a rest in high current so with the lanyard running to the sheath on my shoulder i can let go and hang off the lanyard with my knife stuck into the ground.

I keep one on the inside of my left calf and a second one on my low pressure power inflator hose.

Both very easy to deploy with either hand.

I keep mine on my outer thigh, which when I bought the guy didn't mention anything about snagging and he knew where I was planning on weraing it. After reading this I am going to put it on my inner thigh or inner calf next time and see how it feels.

Knife location depends on the type of knife, it's size, and what dive profile you're doing. One type of knife for cave diving another type of knife for shark diving, etc.

Waist strap. For the reasons Bob described.

Mine being titanium as well, it won't rust, and therefore doesn't need to be rinsed. It stays in its sheath and on its strap in between dives. Best way I've found never to forget it or being to lazy to equip it.

(Unfortunately, titanium doesn't hold an edge worth a damn, so it needs intensive resharpening even after cutting the tomatoes for lunch - shears FTW).

When I wear a knife, different tools for different dives, I wear it in a sheath on the left side of my waist belt. Usually in its place is a pair of EMT sheers and I always have a Z-knife on my right wrist on my computer strap.

For years, I wore mine on the inside of my right calf. However, I just recently purchased a new knife, and I mounted it on grommets on my "kangaroo Pouch", which is over my cummerbund. Best location I've found yet.

I agree with everyone else. Inside the calf (to avoid snagging) but you should be able to deploy it quickly with either hand. I personally don"t favor the hose attachement. I would probably end cutting the hose! (Bad Deal)....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom