Where to store important items while snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have a dive light like a UK C4 remove the batteries and bulb assembly and you will have plenty of room. Just remember to add a bit of weight to allow for the additional air you will be packing.

Go to home depot and get a key made for $3.

I got a new car last month and ONLY got keys with chips in them.

I when to HD and said, "I need a car key cut that does not have a chip in it. I just need to be able to unlock the door with it and have it with me when i go diving."

They cut me a flat metal key that I tie into the pocket of my boardshorts. (I've been tieing keys like this for about 4 years now).

aside from waterproof bags you can purchase all over the place, a good quality zip-lock works very well. Generally if you going to St.John it's not a big issue. Many places are. I wouldn't leave anything on a beach in Jamaica or St.Thomas, but in St.John I have left many things on the beach and they were fine. Don't leave anything out in the open, wrap things up in clothes or towels, but honestly it wasn't a issue. If a cruise ship is around, pick a different beach than the typical Trunk bay. There are better bays anyhow. The best snorkeling and diving isn't off the beach but rather a remote stretch of rocky shoreline around a key called Waterlemon key. When you are ready to graduate from the USVI's let us know. "Lesser latitudes equal better attitudes". Our reefs are honestly better (less traffic), our waters warmer, clearer and our bays are shallow and easy. Better "talcum powder" white sands in St.John. Take a boat trip over to Foxy's and the Soggy Dollar. Have fun and enjoy. P.S. things are REALLY expensive in St.John so look for the happy hour specials on food and drinks. Welcome to Harmony Hall Resorts, St. Vincent | Your Caribbean Dream Vacation made affordable.

I when to HD and said, "I need a car key cut that does not have a chip in it. I just need to be able to unlock the door with it and have it with me when i go diving."

They cut me a flat metal key that I tie into the pocket of my boardshorts. (I've been tieing keys like this for about 4 years now).

just curios, what make of car you got? every single car I bought, new or used, came with a valet key, in fact with the TSX I bought last the valet key opens the doors but not the glove compartment so you got a safe storage too

I'm not sure this advice will work for the OP, as they are traveling to St. Johns and they'll be renting a car. That said, I'll definitely be looking into this for my own local diving needs! Good tip!

just curios, what make of car you got? every single car I bought, new or used, came with a valet key, in fact with the TSX I bought last the valet key opens the doors but not the glove compartment so you got a safe storage too

I got a 2013 Nissan Juke. I asked the sales person for a key I could dive with, but he said the Juke S doesnt come with one. (the next model up comes with a key where the electronic part comes off from the metal.)
$3 at home depot fixed everything.

I agree, it's a little strange.

Back
Top Bottom