Where to strap a small knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inside my left forearm. Goes under the sleeve of my wetsuit, supper secure and only the hilt sticks out. Quick cross draw, and i can used the handle of the knife to pin items to my palm and still use my fingers

Re: No. 7 - Sarcasm from a Moderator? Nowonder so many replies on this forum are immoderate.

As to the leg mount, I have been told that doing this is perceived to be uncool or trying too hard to be cool or some such snobbery. Hence my need for a new location.

Leg is good. Also serves as part of set up to hold poke spear to leg for when flounder is spotted. Mine clicks in the holster. It apparently came out once, so I bought a new one and use fishing line to connect it to the holder while it's in there (just enough line so it can also be taken out of the holder without breaking the line). And I now have it on 2 straps around my leg. This one won't be lost.

When you make decisions based on what others will think of you it is already too late.

Wherever you mount it consider being able to reach it with either hand and whether you can resheath it easily.

If you buy a Wenoka compact squeeze it comes with several mounting options, hose, grommets on BC or webbing and due to its locking mechanism can be mounted in any position. As far as location goes the idea is to be able to actually reach it if you need it. I have found the leg to be less than optimal YMMV. Good luck.

Get a BIG knife and strap it to your leg like a REAL diver. (I keep mine in a BC pocket, a fold-up SS, single blade, three inch.)

I keep some of my knives at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, have one in the ocean off of Oahu and one somewhere in the muck at Athens Scuba Park. I have talked to my LDS about adding a loop or retractor to the inside of a BCD pocket to hook the knife. Until then, I'll keep one in the BCD pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom