where would you go (in the USA) ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islamorada is a great choice. I used to work on a dive boat down there. You're in prime location to dive some great reefs, interesting wrecks, and within a reasonable drive of Key West for some party time. You can probably figure a way to fly into Marathon and save travel time from Miami/Ft Lauderdale.

Jupiter, Boynton, Key Largo. That time of year....Key Largo IMO. No Beach but good diving, good food, very relaxing. Vis should be good barring storms. Less so North that time of year.

I like Conch Republic. You can even get Steel 100's for the deeper wrecks. Conch Republic Divers

Rent a car a Sunshine rental. Cheapest I found for late models. The drive down is Cake, just pay the tolls on the turnpike. A flight is more hassle than its worth. Your 70-90 minutes from Miami driving and its a nice drive. Takes longer flying and then driving from Marathon. Gary at Conch can likely help with lodging. Ocean Point is nice but can be pricey. But nice Dig's, beautiful pools, very comfy. If you go eat at The Fish House Restaurant and Fish House Encore in Key Largo, Florida Keys

Have Fun!

Wow, thanks everyone. We'll be starting to put some plans together in a week or so, I think ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you have time you can add a fossil hunting dive in Venice, on Florida's west coast...And there's Ginnie Springs in N. Central Florida....Will involve several hours of driving from the Keys, but you'll get in a wide variety of dives....Happy diving

I'm a newbie but, some of my favorite dives so far have been Catalina Island in Southern California, the kelp fields are amazing and the vis was incredible. Not to mention the atmosphere of the island itself is great for the time spent out of the water.

I've always wanted to meet you, Bob.... I have some 3 day trips in March....

Wookie ... if we decide to head that direction, I'll certainly be in touch ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

or maybe even Flower Garden? (Texas)

Hammerheads this time of the year in the Flower Gardens....

If you continue to look at Key Largo, check out Bay Harbor Lodge for accommodations. It's a somewhat updated version of the 1950's Keys. Not expensive, depending on your needs. We love it because it is devoid of asphalt, has trees and shade. Not too common most places. The Hyatt it is not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom