where would you go (in the USA) ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is some amazing diving off of West Palm Beach and Jupiter. I love the boat i go out on in Jupiter, The Blue Tang. check them out. DiveBlueTang.com. You can find them on facebook too under https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Tang-Dive-Charters/169555126471380 or https://www.facebook.com/ScubaWorks. Everyone at the dive shop and the boat are awesome. Ask them to check out Loggerhead and Captain Curls. Two awesome dive spots. Tropical fish, nurse sharks, loggerhead turtles and so much more.

Sometimes the weather does not allow the boats to go out in the Keys

If you are getting blown out offshore, there is the Blue Heron Bridge shore dive in West Palm Beach or further north you can snorkel with the Manatees, drift the Crystal river and do a couple of cavern dives at Blue Grotto and Devil's Den. Here are some links:

Discount Scuba Diving Lessons, Snorkeling, Manatee Tours, Crystal River FL
Devils Den Springs Scuba Diving Resort
Blue Grotto | Florida Scuba News | Your Source for Diving News and Information on the World's Number One Dive Destination

Always good to have a back up plan.

If you go to Key Largo, check out Ocean Divers. My second choice would be Amory Dive Resort. Amory had inexpensive diver accomodations. Everyone has their favorite dive operation. If you were inexperienced, I would second the recommendation for Rainbow Reef.

My first choices would be SoCal or Hawaii, but the Middle Keys (be sure to dive the Thunderbolt) are big fun too.

NWG: Here's some log info. anyway:

N. Myrtle Beach, SC (Coastal Scuba)
Gen. Sherman Wreck-- depth 55'
March 2: Air 60F, bottom 53F --- March 19: Air 76, bottom 56.

Back
Top Bottom