Where's everyone diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm meeting a friend and we are going to be trying some of his different double hose regulators; A 1954 US Divers AquaLung, a USD Stream Air, a USD Mistral, and a Nemrod. I'm also taking my Dacor Olympic 800. I have a DIR approved AquaVox attached to the octopus and want to try it out also. The AquaVox is a cup that fits over your mouth and lets you talk while underwater. It'll be big fun.

D.I.R.W.A.A. = Doing it Right with an AquaVox

Dry caving that is. I am taking a cave rescue course Saturday and Sunday.

My wife and I are doing the Wacissa River/Big Blue Spring canoeing/diving thing. Not too far from you.

ew1usnr once bubbled... SNIP... The AquaVox is a cup that fits over your mouth and lets you talk while underwater.
*Very* interested here in how that goes - next season we'll probably invest in a couple. Please advise - especially if you find any sources that really get into details on the different options/models!

CBulla once bubbled...
Takin my wife on her first trip to Tampa and to Bush Gardens :)

Busch Garden is like Disney World but with free beer. Make sure that you visit the hospitality center. Several times. Beer always tastes best when its free.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
*Very* interested here in how that goes - next season we'll probably invest in a couple. Please advise - especially if you find any sources that really get into details on the different options/models!

My brother and I each wore an AquaVox on our first dive Saturday. They did sort of work, but the sound doesn't carry very far underwater. In order to be heard the speaker has to be close to the ear of the listener. The listener has not be inhaling or exhaling in order to hear. My brother was taking photos, and I did hear him say "That's a good shot over there". But the AquaVox really does not allow you to carry on a conversation. As far as comfort, it felt a little odd just holding my mouth open and breathing through my mouth, but it was tolerable.

The 1954 AquaLung, Mistral, Royal AquaMaster, and 1972 Dacor Olympic 800 all breathed great. Our friend brought his gasoline powered compressor and we refilled our tanks in the parking lot in between dives. It was an outstanding weekend of diving. We were DIR all the way.

ew1usnr once bubbled... SNIP... it felt a little odd just holding my mouth open and breathing through my mouth...SNIP
Yipes - can you just imagine what it would feel like in strong current, say coming up the line on a particularly rippin' day on the Grove? Or perhaps bumpin' around on the bottom at Venice on a tight buddy line? Re-learning to trust the thing could take some time in calm conditions. I'm eager to try a talkie myself.

This weekend diving in Jupiter on the Temptation. Checking out the ledges and profiles that I just started diving in this area. Got a Lobster last trip caught one other but was a hair too small. The biggest one of course got away into some hole in the reef that comes out deep in the jungles of vietnam! Unless of course you make that right turn at Albuquerque then it comes out in china.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom