Where's there some good diving in California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in the Los Angeles area, my dive buddies are looking at trying some lake diving close to home.

Anyone know where we can get some good vis and good diving around Los Angeles?

If so, please give me some info to look into, parking costs, dive shops to call, etc...

Why would you want to dive in a lake with all the fantastic ocean diving we have around here?

Please read my first post again, it's an alternative.

jonscubas- Like Arnaud I read your post and thought the same thing he did. In fact after re-reading it twice, I'm still not sure what you are asking.

Are you looking for alternatives to diving in lakes, or in diveable lakes as alternatives to ocean diving?

I'd certainly recommend taking a good boat out of the LA area and diving Catalina right now. Conditions are pretty good here.

Dr. Bill

I have never dove a lake. I have heard from some folks who dove Lake Perris. Low Vis and not much to see.

But, our coast line has several excellent dive spots. From Malibu to Laguna Beach there is excellent diving.

I would recommend a visit to a local dive shop and purchaing a guide to beach dives, or a guide to dive sites.

If you want to join us. www.sandeaters.org dives every week someplace in southern california. I am diving Sequit Point in Malibu tomorrow.

:D

It all has too much vis and too much to see.

Give me my muddy pipe. :eek:ut:

Oh, yes, CA lake diving, look at;
http://www.cedu.0catch.com/whit.htm

I learned to dive in CA, so this is mostly in jest.
I would love to go back and do Farnsworth Bank on mix.

To show support of a previous post, why would a So Cal diver want to dive a lake? The ocean has sooooooooooo much to offer.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom