which camera????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started out taking a 20' camera (kodak) down with me. It would fold up and not shoot below 20', but when I came back up I could shoot shallow pictures. My next camera was a Olympus C-5050, still a great little UW camera with a PT-015 housing. You can find them on Ebay still for under $500 ready to dive. The internal flash works for 1-2 foot or so pictures with the normal backscatter. The next P&S to become popular has been the E-900, and you can house one pretty cheap (meaning $800 or so). The Sealife digitals work, but they are basically out of date 3 or 4 megapixel cameras with a cheap housing. You can do it cheaper yourself. Canon and Olympus both sell $200 housings for their P&S cameras.

Please keep things civil :) Some of the nastiness and OT posts have been edited/modified.

I must admit I didn't understand the question being asked in the initial post and thought the suggestions were realistic. Once it was clarified that the OP is looking for a $20 camera there have also been some realistic answers.

I hope some of the suggestions were helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom