Which dive insurance do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you buy the insurance within 15 days of booking, you're covered for Pre-existing problems, but if you buy later - you should be covered for new problems. For more specifics, why not phone the carrier? 800-523-8020 but let me know if I can help.

For a domestic trip where I'd suffer less for a cancellation, it would not be as important - depending on the airline, trips terms, etc. For an international trip with heavy cancellation penalties, plus major problems for health issues there, and even reduced luggage liabilities with the airlines - more important.

Hey Don,

Like we stated before..........THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Your information has been extremely valuable and informative in our search for the right trip insurance.

Jamie and Trevor:D

Hey Don,

Like we stated before..........THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Your information has been extremely valuable and informative in our search for the right trip insurance.

Jamie and Trevor:D
YVW, but you're the ones at risk so double check my work and buy based on correct information. You don't worry about medical problems at your age probly, but they can happen to you too, along with the family and luggae risks. I presume you have DAN or similar Dive insurance or did we cover that already?
Thanks Don for the Equalizing video link.
Sure thing. It's helped many.

Thanks again Don,

Yes you are correct in your assumption that we both have DAN "preferred plan" Dive Insurance. After looking into the different plans available we decided to go with the "Travel-Safe" plan. I know the DAN web page pushes their AIG insurance and you feel like you need to go with that since it is attached to the "DAN-Dive" page, we like the coverage limits of the T.S. better than the DAN/AIG travel program. After looking into the DAN offered plan, I discovered it was underwritten by AIG Insurance Provider. Right or Wrong, we went with T.S. based upon our research, numbers, and options...we will see. I do need to call them to ensure some finer details not covered in their initial policy purchase pages.

I would like to think that we are in decent shape for our ages, however like you stated......"You just never know". In our line of work we have both seen things that make you scratch your head and wonder...HOW IN THE #%ll did that happen???????" You very well know that in this hobby it is all about training, practice, planning, and redundancies; because when it all hits the fan, one will always fall back on one's training.

Trev

Yeah, I think you'll do best to let DAN cover your diving risks, and TS cover all the others. DAN travel insurance really sucks; I guess they offer it because so many members told them they should - but that's the best they could contract to be sold with their name.

BTW, if you want additional protection for dive camera flooding, other electronics - which are marginally covered on trip insurance, State Farm Inland Marine seems to be far better than DAN's or DEPP's...!

Back
Top Bottom