Which duct tape do you use for labeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Example of the Magtape/gaffer tape.

As others have mentioned painters tape comes off to easy and rips to easy, especially if you carrying 3-4 tanks and they are rubbing on each other. Maybe good for 1 dive but for B/O's that you can use for months with the same label I like Magtape/gaffer tape.

1697176244553.png

After the magtape/gaffer tape variants next best thing is "vinyl tape" basically like 2" wide electrical tape. Only issue is you need scissors to cut it and I find it tends to "chip" see photo example below. But it nice and smooth to write on, stretchy, waterproof, and sticky but does not leave residue on the tank.

1697176999950.png

1697177023025.png

Wear on the bail out is what got me to change from the glossy white duct tape to Gaff tape. Sharpie would wear off the duct tape in a couple of dives. Gaff tape was still good years later. And when time to come off, it comes off so much cleaner.

Le Mark MAGTAPE® XTRA Matt I got this one in white. It works very well, thank you for this recommendation.

But the reel is very large, it does not fit into my analyser box. I found no smaller version of exactly this tape. Do you know a similar tape on much smaller reel? Might sound strange but a small analyser box including tape is important to me for travelling.

Wrap a bunch around the sharpie that you also keep in the analyzer box.
This means I "use" the tape twice, not exactly what I want to do. Does it still stick 100%? I guess no.

I really prefere a small reel out of the box.

This means I "use" the tape twice, not exactly what I want to do. Does it still stick 100%? I guess no.

I really prefere a small reel out of the box.
As long as the tape stays clean during the re-roll it will be the same. Dirt, oils, fingerprints will degrade the adhesive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom