Which expert is right? re:Nitrox on air tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The result was the Huggins table with shorter no deco limits.

I doubt you'll find Karl's tables if you look for the "Huggins tables." I believe they are known as the "Michigan tables."

DA Aquamaster:
In my case, I dove US Navy tables for years and while I never got a clinically significant case DCS, I also had many many dives where I did not feel particularly well even when staying well within the limits, especially after diving multiple dives per day over multiple days. Newer tables leave me feeling much better after several repetetive dives.

It is a personal choice, but choose very carefully.

Beautifully stated !!!

I've had many days of diving, especially teaching days, where I felt lousy afterwards. It's hard to tell whether the fatigue and sore muscles are from long days and lots of equipment lugging or if you're bent a little. I've had a couple of instances where it took several days to feel normal and once I felt almost like I had the flew. Maybe I did but I don't think so. I've done teaching days where I did dives with more than one class doing everything from 100+ foot dives with advanced nitrox students to shallow OW dives with lots of ups and downs. Even though all dives were within the limits of whatever table I was using I've felt worse after those days than days when I did repetative 200+ foot dives and paid carefull attention to how I ascend.

I eventually changed the way I do all my diving and I always feel good after diving now. Part of the stratagy is definately reducing N2 as much as is practical.

Also from my experience I can't help but think that the casual vacation diver doing multiple days of multiple dives and maybe not being so careful about profiles will probably get more out of using nitrox that the tables (or agencies) seem to suggest. Tables just don't tell the whole story.

MikeFerrara:
Part of the stratagy is definately reducing N2 as much as is practical.

Also from my experience I can't help but think that the casual vacation diver doing multiple days of multiple dives and maybe not being so careful about profiles will probably get more out of using nitrox that the tables (or agencies) seem to suggest. Tables just don't tell the whole story.

I agree too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom