Which magnetic switch would you like to see in flashlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milestar

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning to design some new flash with the new CREE XML LED, possibly they would be a diving and a EDC and a tactical one. In consideration of the simple maintainance and operation, we will use the magnetic swicth, and there are two ways to operate:

1. A magnetic adjustable ring back and forth to choose from high>mid>low>strobe>sos>off etc levels. Like XTAR D31

2. A magnetic inductor switch back and forth to choose from high>mid>low>strobe>sos>off etc levels . Like XTAR D01

So here create this blog to ask for your lads' suggestions, I invite alllll of you to post your desired functions and requirements so we can move on.

Thank you in advance

Miles .

I suppose you have already decided on the design, but you might want to check out piezo switches. No movable parts and no magnets to confuse a compass.

Ring switch is fine but please no multi mode!

Either on/off - this is my preferred LED type!!

or

High, Mid, off at the most.

SOS and strobe are of no use to divers really!

I suppose you have already decided on the design, but you might want to check out piezo switches. No movable parts and no magnets to confuse a compass.

How would a Piezo switch be configured for an underwater housing? Don’t they still need some deflection to activate like this one?

Piezo Switch Development

I have one of the P7 lights from China. Great light once you get it tweaked. The switch has high, medium, low, strobe, SOS and off. Too many options and not a positive enough feel. Just my thoughts, but I don't think this design will be around too long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom