Which manifold for LP50 doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone who's responded so far!

I always check while on my back, but the indicator is good prior to donning, for boat crew or buddies. An easy way to catch a potential problems. I wouldn't rely on it exclusively, as plastic can fail... but seems like a nice "backup safety."

Sure, will be complete soon :)

Modern manifolds have a standard 8.5" spacing, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I've actually spent many hours trying to find manifolds/bands that have a tighter spacing (like old OMS configs), but they just don't exist. I found that Fathom has bands which are closer together (SS Tank Bands - Fathom Dive Systems), but no manifold from the same company. There's also a set from DIRZone (DIRZONE) with matching bands, but they have a metric thread.

I wanted the tighter spacing, but couldn't find it. If anyone is aware of options, I'm all ears! TIA
You can order the narrow manifold from Thermo/XS. I don't remember the size off hand. I have had sets both ways. I like the narrow spacing on 7L tanks. I just switched all of mine to standard spacing to keep it standard. If you only have one or two sets, it isn't a huge deal to order the odd crossbar. I have at least a dozen sets of doubles, standardizing made sense for me.
@Haaginheimer You know the skinny manifold size offhand?

You can order the narrow manifold from Thermo/XS. I don't remember the size off hand. I have had sets both ways. I like the narrow spacing on 7L tanks. I just switched all of mine to standard spacing to keep it standard. If you only have one or two sets, it isn't a huge deal to order the odd crossbar. I have at least a dozen sets of doubles, standardizing made sense for me.
@Haaginheimer You know the skinny manifold size offhand?

I ordered the XS one per your suggestion and will go with the standard 8.5" spacing for now, but if I'm able to get the narrow manifold (along with compatible bands), I'd love that. Thanks!

I ordered the XS one per your suggestion and will go with the standard 8.5" spacing for now, but if I'm able to get the narrow manifold (along with compatible bands), I'd love that. Thanks!
Just search for Thermo 185mm manifold. They are available in europe and pop up on ebay from time to time.

ScubaPro made a set (bands and manifold) that was narrower. They turn up occasionally (I got a set here)...

Just get a set of Lola valves.......because screw knowing how to read a tape measure!!!
16746133806107733926993149858320.jpg

Just search for Thermo 185mm manifold. They are available in europe and pop up on ebay from time to time.
And the bands?

Just get a set of Lola valves.......because screw knowing how to read a tape measure!!!View attachment 766093
Clever, I thought about that! Which bands are those?

And the bands?

Blue Steel. They are the narrow manifold width. I didn't figure that out till I tried to assemble them, but I had the lola valves from my rebreather.

And the bands?

I honestly don't remember where they came from. Probably OMS or maybe Pirahna.
Again, common in Europe for 7l steels.

Edit, apparently Blue Steel makes some.

I just want to see photos of this rig.

Here you go... a little photoshoot... in the nude, with high heels on, closeup and fully dressed. Enjoy :rofl3:

1675219333101.png

1675219368522.png

1675219399077.png

1675219422962.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom