Which Nitrox wrist dive computer to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom...

That's a very good point in how dive computers operate. It's only when we refer to printed tables (such as US Navy) or rip our own with software, that we can have something that says "at this depth, you hang there for this long". A computer is just going to display remaining total time.

As far as the time decrementing slowly if you stay deeper than where the computer wants you to be, wouldn't the same concept applied to following printed or ripped tables?

I agree that if you stay deeper than where you should be, your deco clock runs slower. But if I remember correctly from my TDI deco procedures class, we were told that as soon as you can move upward, to get your chilly, cold, hungry, gotta pee but not in my drysuit hiney up the line to that next level. (we followed USN printed tables and not our computers).

I think you're making a point about how the various computers function if you don't follow them. But I wanted to make sure the rest of our readers don't take our conversation about using computers during decompression stop diving the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom