Which Printer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbolander:
Quoted for truth - ALWAYS ask the printers. Some printers like sRGB, some printers want .tiff, some want .jpeg, some want this and some want that.

RonFrank, I'm curious, is their a particular reason you haven't taken the jump and started shooting RAW? Especially since you're printing at home, that suprises me. Or do you mean that you shoot raw, convert to aRGB and then convert again for web?

I'm a RAW shooter. Actually I like to shoot RAW+JPG basic. I like the jpg because I can preview results on a computer that may not have software to support RAW. I don't always travel with my computer, but I can generally get access to one.

The ONLY time I will shoot jpg only is if I'm running out of card space, generally because I did not think I would be shooting much, and then do.

So yeah, I guess it does not matter what space I shoot in, but the suggestion was for those who may not be shooting RAW. Plus, you have to pick one, even when shooting RAW. Sure you could change it, but another thing I subscribe to is to try and get the best shot in camera possible. Topside, I generally don't do a lot of post processing even with RAW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom