Which Reg? Sherwood Or Dive Rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add another endorsement for Dive Rite. I have used them at 120ft and done the same dives on lesser regulators and felt a noticeable increase in breathing resistance. The Dive Rite first stages will supply much more air than a diver could ever use.

I've only had my RG2500ICE's to 90ft or so, but they worked well for me. I wasn't aware they were available without a swivel. Ber, do you have a picture of yours or a link? Is your black and red, or silver?

Ber Rabbit:
I have the Dive Rite 2500ICE ... Mine doesn't have the swivel though....

all of them do! you might want to check that. The "2500" uses the 1208 first, the red ring is where it swivels/rotates

Out of those two, I'd go with the DR as well. I have 2 of them and they perform very well.

I have the Dive Rite Regs and love them. Just BE SURE to get the ICE dive kit installed on the regs...it only adds about $25. I was in the local diving hole recently and the water temp was about 43F at the bottom. I noticed a little bit of free flow from what I suspect was some icing up(I previously did not have the ice kit). I took the regs to my LDS and asked them to bench test them and explained the problem. Keep in mind thatany diving in water temps below about 50F is considered cold water diving and regs may "ice" up. Hopefully all problems will be corrected with the ICE kit.

Thanks for the input. I was leaning towards to dive rite. I would like to buy locally because it is easier to just get it serviced in the same city. I looked at those links you posted and my LDS is actually giving it to me at the same price in canadian dollars that they list in US because i am getting a BC from they as well.

I can't say enough good things about the Sherwood blizzard. It's a great reg. When people are talking about them being "hard to breathe from" there is probably an issue with the tuning that needs to be addressed. These regs are simply designed and easy to have repaired. A great reg for the money. Sherwood's been around for years and probably will continue to build great regs for a long, long time.

Tamas:
all of them do! you might want to check that. The "2500" uses the 1208 first, the red ring is where it swivels/rotates
Brain dead moment on that one, for some reason I was thinking a swivel at the second stage (my buddy put one on his) not the first stage--DOH! It does swivel at the first stage--that's what I get for posting and working at the same time. :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Seraphimx:
but they are both workhorses of simple construction (by what i read)

I have dove sherwood everytime I rented, and I hated the regs.
Now i have an apeks and i love it

Love the sherwoods my self. Most of the rental sherwoods are thier Brute modle.,.. bottom of thier line but rugged. You'll fined the Oasis, Maximus, Blizard much easier to breath at depth

THe Sherwood are excellent reg for this climate. I dive in NB also have dove Sherwoods (BRUT/Maximus/Blizzard) Poseidon Cyklons, Oceanic, Mares Abyss and soon Apeks atx200's. FOr starting out the cost of the Sherwoods (which model????) may be better but I always recommend renting that reg and trying it out borrowing one from a friend and try it out. Every reg breathes different, every diver has preferences. What type of diving are you planning on taking up? I am more than willing to tlak this out further as I was/am new to diving, and always learning. EMAIL or PM or whaveter you want for some more data. For information purpoises I live in Fredericton. K_Woolfsmith

Personally I would suggest the Sherwood ( I have a Maximus and love it) But I would ask your LDS to let you try each and see if you like one better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom