Which reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabunny - You say you bought the S550 and your only complaint is the bubbles. I am possibly going to buy the S550 myself and am curious about the bubbles as I like to take pictures. In what positions do the bubbles bother you? I heard it is mostly a problem in the upright position. Appreciate your comments. The 'bubble thing' is the one thing that keeps me thinking about the Apeks TX line which supposedly has less of a problem in that regard. ... Bob

Originally posted by bluce
The 'bubble thing' is the one thing that keeps me thinking about the Apeks TX line which supposedly has less of a problem in that regard. ... Bob
Yep...I have an Apeks TX50 and the bubbles almost feel as if they are going behind my ears. That was one of the first things I noticed about it after I got it as I had only used an Aqualung Titan before. The Titan's bubbles came right up the side of my face and I found that to be extremely annoying. If you get an Apeks I guarantee you'll like it.:)

Originally posted by Mario S Caner
Actually I've heard that the new Zeagle line has been inproved substantially, enough so that I will be contacting them and possibly aquiring one at DEMA. The other one I've begun to look into that looks like a definite winner is the Draeger reg. More on this to come...

Mario S Caner,

I own the new Zeagle Flathead VI, I also own a Apeks TX 50 and a ScubaPro MK20 600 combo. They are all awsome regs, however I can tell you for sure that the new Zeagle would be the hands down winner, yes to all the Apeks fans out there, the new Zeagle regs are the same thing only better, and I am sure that in time the more people that use the new Zeagles, the more they will win over even hardcore Apeks fans. Also the ScubaPro reg that I mentioned is an awesome reg too, but in the conditons that I dive in, mostly freshwater and brackish water with a bunch of sand and high mineral content it tends to be finicky and wants to free flow if not cleaned constantly and really taken care of.

I made my decision (finally!) and purchased a Scubapro S550/MK25 with a R190 octo. Also got an inexpensive Atmos 1 dive computer. I didn't feel I could get the support/service for an Ateks near where I live so the S550 seemed the best choice. I will admit that I leaned towards to TX100 for the odd reason of superior bubble dispersion - at least that is what I read. I am hoping that my large, full size face mask will make up the difference and deter the bubbles from obscuring my vision when taking pictures. Weather permitting I will get in my first dive with this new gear next Friday. I thank everyone who provided so much valuable information and so many suggestions on what to purchase. I will report back how I feel about the new gear after my first five. ... Bob :bounce:

Originally posted by TRUETEXAN

Mario S Caner,

I own the new Zeagle Flathead VI, I also own a Apeks TX 50 and a ScubaPro MK20 600 combo. They are all awsome regs, however I can tell you for sure that the new Zeagle would be the hands down winner, yes to all the Apeks fans out there, the new Zeagle regs are the same thing only better, and I am sure that in time the more people that use the new Zeagles, the more they will win over even hardcore Apeks fans. Also the ScubaPro reg that I mentioned is an awesome reg too, but in the conditons that I dive in, mostly freshwater and brackish water with a bunch of sand and high mineral content it tends to be finicky and wants to free flow if not cleaned constantly and really taken care of.

How do you specifically find the breathing performance of the flat VI to compare with that of the ScubaPro? Rodales said that the ScubaPro MK20 S600 had the best breathing machine performance of any reg they had ever tested!

See the performance chart at:http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/16newregs/charts.shtml

Looks to me like the Apeks comes out the best on this chart over all, but if you just look at breathing perfomance, comfort and dryness, the winners are Oceanic, Apeks and Genesis.

Am I just being a naive newbie? I'm so confused.

:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom