Which regulator for newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get any of the big name regs, like Aqualung, ScubaPro, and a few others, and you'll do fine. Personally, I'd consider AL and SP the most, as you can get those suckers serviced anywhere in the world (great for traveling to warm water locations), and both manufacturers have a reputation for making regs that last forever and are supported forever, so their resale value should be good should you decide you've made a mistake... tho it's truly tough to make a mistake with either brand.

Zeagles are a great brand, again, but if you're traveling you could run into service issues. I would buy one of their BCs before I bought a regulator, as BCs need service far less frequently than regs.

Given the above-mentioned "moral issues" with Aqualung, I would put ScubaPro first, even though AL has that free octo promo going (only until the end of the month). And that's not just because I dive SP regs myself.

Thresa:
I am looking into purchasing a regulator. I will be diving warm water only no deeper than 100 feet...if even that deep (mostly around 60 feet). I have started looking at regulators and am not sure exactly what I need or what brand would suit me best. .

In your diving environment and plan, I would go with ScubaPro MK2/R190 or MK2/R380.

Most reliable, less maintenance, best performance. and cost effective....
What other factors are you looking for?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom