Which resortin Dauin can organize a 2 dives trip instead of 3 dives to Apo Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, we would like to stay in Dauin and dive at Apo Island. Problem is that we will have a babysitter for our baby and do not want to leave or for longer than 3/4 hours. Therefore full day trips are not possible. So, if Apo can only be done as full day trips, then it's for us no use of going to Dauin and we rather go somewhere else.

Would be great, if anybody could share their experience.

Regards
Phil

I'm guessing this is your first child. I assume he or she is younger than a year? I don't know if it is a good idea to take a baby on a dive boat. When my daughter was 1 we went fishing out of Zihuatanejo, Mexico and as soon as we got out of the bay our daughter got sea sick. Crying, throwing up etc. My wife begged me to go back. Fortunately we had the whole boat to ourself so I was only out a fishing trip. If there had been others I would have had to pay for their trip too. Most 2 dive trips take at least 3 hours plus the time to get back and forth. It sounds like Apo will take 4.5 to 5 hours. You are traveling with your baby sitter. I assume you trust her. Take the trip, even 3 dives if you want and just enjoy yourself. Give your baby some baby benadryl that will knock her out for most of the time. She won't even know you were gone.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom