Question Which VEO is like the GEO 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My friend has a Geo 2, and is looking for a puck for her console as a backup. Perhaps there is a Veo model that behaves the same as the Geo 2?
Thanks.

Geo 2 runs DSAT and PZ+. All relatively recent Veos, at least since Veo 1, also have both algorithms and will run identically to the Geo 2.

Geo 2 runs DSAT and PZ+. All relatively recent Veos also have both algorithms and will run identically.
I'm thinking like button-push operations, too, not just algorithms.

Depends on what you mean by "behaves". Everything from the Veo 2.0 on has the same algorithms and a very similar display. But they also all have 2 buttons instead of the 4 on the Geo, so operating them is different.

Edit: post overlap

Thanks, guys. I'll suggest she look for a used Veo 2 or later.
Am I correct they will fit in a console that has an opening for a depth gauge, i.e. a puck?

Thanks, guys. I'll suggest she look for a used Veo 2 or later.
Am I correct they will fit in a console that has an opening for a depth gauge, i.e. a puck?

The latest version is the Veo 4 and it comes in a console configuration in addition to wrist version:

There is also the AI version:

She has an existing console with an empty slot in it, and wants to put a depth gauge in that slot "for redundancy." I'm trying to convince her a simple computer in that slot would be much better redundancy. So, cost is an issue. A used Veo would be perfect, I'm thinking.

Hi @tursiops

As per @BoltSnap the Veo 4 currently comes in an Oceanic console version. I have never used an Oceanic computer in a console and don't know if a Veo is a standard "puck" size and would fit in other consoles. Sorry. I don't readily find the dimensions in the user manuals.

Yeaq, it looks like the older Veos would need their own console, so she'd have to get the Veo console and move her compass and SPG to it. Dang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom