Whiskey Wreck 5-9-6 Fish Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The southside of the Whiskey Wreck(Gulf Shores, AL) is getting uncovered and there's more relief than there has been in a few years at the moment. Its holding quite a few fish: flounder, sheapshead, catfish, ect.

Between me and my buddy, we brought home 21 flounder. I shot 12, and my buddy shot 10(lost one during our exit through surf :/). Biggest was 3lbs, not to shabby considering a max depth of 17' and only 150m off the beach :D

Flounderbox5_9_6.jpg

21Flounder5_9_6.jpg

Food, Food, FOOOD!

What's the bama limit on them? FL is only 10 per day, looks like bama allows more. Wish that area was a bit closer to me, but it's not entirely unreachable.

No bag limit in the Bama on Flounder. Min size is 12", spearfishing liscense required :D No problems.

Nice Flattties!!

One of my favorite fish, now if I could just find a spot here in central florida that held good numbers... I have dove all around in tampa bay over sand and have yet to see one...
Nice fish!

Christof

Back
Top Bottom