Whites Fusion Bullet and Aqualung replacement outer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMrqwq

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Folks, hope someone can answer a query for me. I have a Whites Fusion Bullet drysuit, purchased shortly before they became Aqualung branded. It is the newer version with the SLT technology. My question is, and I can't seem to find an answer, would a replacement outer purchased from Aqualung fit the Whites inner? They look to all intents and purposes to be the same but is similarity only so at a cursory glance?

Yes, but with a serious qualifier. First there was the branding change, but a few years ago there was also a design change. If you have a Whites Fusion, then you need to replace the skin with a Drycore version and not the current Aircore version. All current front zip production skins attach to the shells with zippers rather than with Velcro. They are NOT interchangeable. Depending on size and model, Aqualung US does still have some of the older version in stock. And there are certainly still some out in some store inventories around here. No idea what the availability looks like across the pond.

Yes, but with a serious qualifier. First there was the branding change, but a few years ago there was also a design change. If you have a Whites Fusion, then you need to replace the skin with a Drycore version and not the current Aircore version. All current front zip production skins attach to the shells with zippers rather than with Velcro. They are NOT interchangeable. Depending on size and model, Aqualung US does still have some of the older version in stock. And there are certainly still some out in some store inventories around here. No idea what the availability looks like across the pond.
Thanks - really helpful. Perhaps I'll drop Aqualung a note and see if they can point me in the right direction!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom