Who can identify a steel tank from stampings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time for my question....

Isn't a CTC (Canadian Transportation Comission) stamp also a valid stamp here in the U.S?

just trying to expand my horizons...

in use in the US on cylinders that are also stamped DOT.

The US Department of Transportation and Transport Canada share an interest in establishing and maintaining standards for pressure cylinders.

Although there is one Aluminum cylinder that is "grandfathered" in by the TC--Transport Canada---formerly CTC--Canadian Transportation Commission. I don't have that number here in front of me, but it was an exeption given by the DOT for an aluminum cylinder that then expired in the US.

Want to become a PSI certified cylinder inspector?

C_C

C_C once bubbled...

Want to become a PSI certified cylinder inspector?

C_C

Yeah...just what I need...more responsibility and more crap on my plate to do...I wouldn't mind doing it...but I have enought other stuff to worry about...DIR-F, new reg, 5 month old, wreck diving in AUG, etc.

is still ok to use in Canada, but can not be placed in SCUBA service in the US.

It was manufactured under Special Permit number 890, but was not given an exemption and was not renewed.

Oh...and why is your 5 month old wreck diving in August?

C_C

I figure I can cram her through BOW in may when the water is a little warmer....then by the end of June after my DIR-F class, I'll have taught her the specifics....then after that we're good to go

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
I figure I can cram her through BOW in may when the water is a little warmer....then by the end of June after my DIR-F class, I'll have taught her the specifics....then after that we're good to go

Sounds like a DIY project for her BP and wings:eek:

Back
Top Bottom