Question Who in Oahu picks up at Hotels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnW

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Drysuiting it.... in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I used to Dive quite a lot with Dive Oahu. I am planning a trip to Honolulu the end of March. I was made aware that they no longer Pick Up at Hotels. Is there any Dive Operators that do pick up at Hotels? I was thinking with each Tank being $100 now, that they would pick up at Hotels.

I think that was a COVID change. Kaimana Divers used to pick up at hotels too, but I don't know if they've restarted doing it. @scottitheduck would be able to answer. It's always a blast to cram 4 people in an old pickup truck. :cool:

Get a rental car using Turo and drive to the marina. I've used Turo on Oaho and Kona without issue. Will be using it again in Boston in March

I’ve gone with waikikidiving.com several times. They have vans to go to the marina but I’m not sure if they pick up at hotels. I always walked to the shop. My gear isn’t that heavy.

They tend to dive the same wreck and reef all the time, so it’s not necessarily the most inspirational diving. However, they’ve always been friendly and fit me in around my work schedule.

If you are staying in Honolulu/Waikiki area you could walk to the marina where Dive Oahu is located....or rent one of the electric bikes from the various kiosks around the area. There is park right next to the Marina where you can return the bike(s) while you dive to avoid paying time not used for transport. Dive Oahu is also less than $100 for two dives, they go out in the morning and in the evening.

-Z

EDIT NOTE: As mentioned in post #9 below, I have double checked my emails and credit card statement to see what I paid for a 2 dive charter with Dive Oahu and found that my actual cost was approximately $185. My apologies if my statement that it cost less than $100 for two dives with them mis-led anyone.

....or rent one of the electric bikes from the various kiosks around the area. There is park right next to the Marina where you can return the bike(s) while you dive to avoid paying time not used for transport. Dive Oahu is also less than $100 for two dives, they go out in the morning and in the evening.

-Z
This is the best advice yet.

I was on Dive Oahu site and they list 2 tank dives at $199. Back in the Day I used to do the 5 day all You can dive plan and I remember it was quite cheap.

I was on Dive Oahu site and they list 2 tank dives at $199. Back in the Day I used to do the 5 day all You can dive plan and I remember it was quite cheap.
That was before everything associated with tourism had a starting price of $200 on Hawaii

Well I feel foolish. I just went and looked at my emails and credit card statement from July to see what I paid for a pair of evening/night dives with them and sure enough is was over $100. I paid $185.

I took advantage of the military discount they offer if one is active duty, reservist, retired (and possibly if just a vet), but I think the booking needs to be done through their shop next to the Navy Exchange garden center (I believe they have 3 shops across the island). Give them a call, they were very easy to work with and their boat and dive crew were a great group of people.

-Z

I am going to rekindle this thread. I did Thailand instead Spring Break 2023 and had a blast. Sad to say with Flight, Hotels and Diving it came to the same I was budgeting for Hawaii. Plus no resort Fees. My Wife does want to return to Hawaii and is thinking next Spring Break(March 2024) We have found some reasonable flights and accommodations(even with Resort Fees). So I guess I have to ask again, have any of the Dive operators started pick ups at Hotels again?

Back
Top Bottom