Question Who in Oahu picks up at Hotels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, plus the DMs work for tips so budget that.
Absolutely and in most cases the boat crew are tipped separately. A pro tip (terrible pun, lol) is if you don’t have cash just ask the guide and/or crew, “give me your Venmo or PayPal so I can tip you as I need to leave as soon as I get back to the shop”. I’ve found that avoids the “there’s an ATM only 10 minutes away from the shop” reply

Well...We are defiantly going end of March. We ended Up getting a 900 sqft condo with Vrbo for about the same price We had a 6000 sqft villa for in Thailand over Christmas. But flight times and the fact We only have a Week have made a return to Thailand a No Go. We also got a super cheap rental car through Air Canada. So I think We are set. But just to throw a wrench in the works.....My 12 year old has declared this is the Year She wants to Scuba Dive. She has finished Her class and pool here in Calgary. but the -30 degree Weather is not the best for Open Water. I would like to find someone to do Her Open Water. Either a Shop or even a independent PADI Instructor. Any ideas & advice?

Either a Shop or even a independent PADI Instructor. Any ideas & advice?

Make a few calls around to make sure shop is comfortable certifying your 12 yr old. Some of them may not be.

Absolutely no response from any shop. Not even a courtesy return call or email. Have made about 3 calls and 5 or more emails. Kinda strange since We have another 2 certified divers in the group. So a total of 4 paying customers(including my 12 year old). I guess the dive shops in Hawaii are that busy that they need no additional customers?

Absolutely no response from any shop. Not even a courtesy return call or email. Have made about 3 calls and 5 or more emails. Kinda strange since We have another 2 certified divers in the group. So a total of 4 paying customers(including my 12 year old). I guess the dive shops in Hawaii are that busy that they need no additional customers?
Did you call us?

I used to Dive quite a lot with Dive Oahu. I am planning a trip to Honolulu the end of March. I was made aware that they no longer Pick Up at Hotels. Is there any Dive Operators that do pick up at Hotels? I was thinking with each Tank being $100 now, that they would pick up at Hotels.

Hi John, we do pick up at Waikiki Hotels. We are operating on the west side of Oahu exclusively now, with about a one hour ride to Waianae Small Boat Harbor. So while we stopped offering transportation during Covid and the crazy busy year 2021 we are back to it now, as of a few days ago, you can arrange it online.

It is quite a jog out to the west side. We are charging a bit more now as the staff also have to make that jog, and it makes every day just a bit longer. If you were coming to Oahu and had multiple days of diving you might just try us one day and compare the quality of the diving you get to the trade off for the ride. It is worth it, but maybe not to everyone. Check out this pic I took at the lava tubes last week. You are not getting this on the south shore.

PS. I am retiring, and you will probably be hearing more about that in the near future. Rest assured that that retirement doesn't mean I'm going to disappear with your advanced booking money. I'm selling my 20+ years business, not going out like a douchebag.

Attachments

• cavern city.JPG
    cavern city.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Overhead.JPG
    Overhead.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 6
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom