Who is on the island in February??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Tom I hate to be left off your Grand List but will you add me. I'm post 40 in on the 14-23

:bonk:My apologies. You're on there now!

Last edited:
Last minute trip...friend is having a party in Playa Del Carmen Jan 28-Feb 1, and I'm going to stay over in Cozumel Feb 1-4 afterwards for diving!!

I need to find a place to stay and a dive shop ASAP! Any suggestions? I was thinking villablanca, but I see someone on page one is staying in the coral reef in.

I'm only a basic open water diver with 25 dives, but I want to see maximum wildlife.

I don't mind very basic lodging as long as it's clean, has a nice feel where you can meet lots of fellow travelers, and is preferably near the beach and food. Any suggestions?

If you don't mind basic lodging, then Safari Inn is your place. Clean rooms, AC, soft bed, hard tile floors, right on Melgar within walking distance of the square. Cheapest place I know of on the island. A true dive hotel without being a "dive". It was where I stayed back in '94 and I stayed there again earlier this week. Little has changed.

If there's more than one of you, you might see if Scuba Tony has a vacancy at one of his rentals. Good rate there as well.

I dove with Aqua Safari (Safari Inn's dive OP) one day. Not a bad OP, but for the same price Scuba Tony gave much more personal service. I've also heard many good things of Aldora from people I met on the island. Everyone has their favorite OP for multiple reasons, so I guess it depends on what you're really looking for. Aldora's big + seems to be the steel 120 tanks. Scuba Tony has Carlos and Mario, a great captain and DM. Aqua Safari picks up on the dock across the street from the Safari Inn.

The wife and I will make our 8th annual trip from Feb 6 to 13. Staying at Hotel Flamingo, diving with Aquatic Sports (known as Aquarama on the island).

Dang...still don't know! I'll be in Akumal from 2/3 - 2/13, but I've been limited to a max of 2 days and 1 night on La Isla. Maybe my birthday on the 9th? I may end up waiting until we get there and just email around to see who has availability. Only my son and I dive so hopefully we can find an open boat. Crossing my fingers the Eagles will still be around, which may be a good bet as they won't pack up and leave until CVChief get there! :wink:

Los dos rojos, Jeff & Sheila will be at the Park Royal Feb 15-25.
We have non-diving friends joining us from the 18th to the 25th for Carnaval Festivites.
Hopefully this will not interfere too much with the diving...we'll see.
At least while we were down in November I managed 24 dives in 6 days. It was awesome!

BLUE: PLANNED
icosm14.gif
GREEN: CURRENTLY ON COZ
banana.gif
..... RED: GONE
sad.gif

NAME.......................ARRIVE.....DEPART.......STAYING AT:...............................DIVING WITH:.

MMM......................... 1/05.........4/05..........HER HOUSE................................ .LIVING UNDERWATER
wmperry................... 1/14...... ..6/14..........RENTAL HOUSE............................TBD
judydivescoz..............1/28.........2/29..........CONDO, CORPUS CHRISTI............ALBATROS CHARTERS
@dam........................2/01.........2/04..........----------------......................... ....----------------
firstdive2005............. 2/01.........2/29 .........---------------- .............................----------------
cicopo....................... 2/01.........2/15..........HOTEL COZUMEL .........................----------------
briankinley2004..........2/03.........2/08........ .CORAL REEF INN....................... .. DIVE PARADISE
falcon125.................. 2/03.........2/10..........FIESTA AMERICANA................... ..DIVE HOUSE
weaponeer
................2/06.........2/13..........HOTEL FLAMINGO.........................AQUATIC SPORTS (AQUAMARA)
underachiever...... .....2/10.........2/14..........VILLABLANCA...............................OPAL'S DREAM
cvchief.......................2/11.........2/20....... ..LAS VENTANAS B404.....................SCUBA WITH ALLISON
diverken
................... .2/11.........2/18.........CASA MEXICANA............................----------------
loudives.................... .2/12.........2/19.........REEF CLUB...................................BOTTOMTIME DIVERS
mikettt
.......................2/14.........2/23.........HOTEL COZUMEL..........................ALBATROS CHARTERS
dosrojos
.....................2/15........2/25..........PARK ROYAL................................-----------------
Zman96.................... .2/15........2/25....... ..CORAL PRINCESS...................... ..BLUE XTSEA
atatt....................... ..2/17.........2/27.........COZUMEL PALACE.........................SCUBA MAU
dtatt..........................2/17.........2/27.........COZUMEL PALACE.........................SCUBA MAU
love2fishfork............ .2/18.........2/25..........EL CANTIL................................. ..BLUE XTSEA
Himself................... .. 2/18....... .2/26........ .BARRACUDA............................. . .DIVE PARADISE
robbycayman.............2/19.........2/24 .........---------------- ............................ .BLUE XTSEA
TomZ....................... .2/20....... .2/29........ CASA MEXICANA..................... ..... .BLUE MAGIC
mstevens................. .2/25...... ..3/03..........RENTAL HOUSE........................... . BLUE MAGIC
bhubb....................... 2/25.........3/03..........BLUE ANGEL RESORT.................. ..BLUE ANGEL
Kixy........................ ..TBD

Feb 10 to 24. Hotel Cozumel. Papa Hog's

I'm having a tough time choosing a dive operator and lodging. I'm thinking Coral Reef In/Dive Paradise or Safari Inn/Aqua Safari. Any other inputs in that price range, or opinions on those two?

I'm having a tough time choosing a dive operator and lodging.

I always make these decisions separately. There's no reason to stick with a resort's house operator, and there may be good reasons not to. Many prefer to use a "boutique" dive op irrespective of where they're staying. My favorite is Blue Magic Scuba. There are several others that come up here repeatedly (Aldora and Blue XTSea in particular).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom