Who skips wrist seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little confused by the original question and the answers being given. Your problem doesn't seem to be with the wrist seal, it's with the inner diameter of the ring system.

Sorry I missed your question... It's really a combination of the smaller diameter plastic ring, as well as the seal. I got this suit not too long after I had some surgery on my hand (carpel tunnel, as well as some tendon releasing in a couple of fingers) so my hand was pretty tender even months later. I especially found it painful to tuck my thumb in. The new rings are very snug. I don't have especially large hands, but I can barely squeeze my hands through. Post surgery, this was painful. Over time, my hands healed and got used to the squeezing, and I have come to like the rings. They're secure, and compact. I find this helpful when clipping off stages and the like.

Beyond that, the silicone seals, even though they are trimmed back some and are not overly tight, they are pretty "grippy"... so they grip my wrist well, and since the cuff is small, I can't really get my other hand in there to hold on to the seal. I often end up pulling the seal right out of the ring. It's easy to replace, but a pain.

Since this thread, I haven't been using that suit much due to a failed T-zip, but I did get a few dives in "seal-less" and it worked well. Come spring, when the water is really cold, I'll likely continue with that approach.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom