Wholly Mackerel !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, 20 pages into a thread titled "Wholly Mackerel," and i ain't seen
a mackerel yet (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

what's wrong with this picture?

behold the mackerel:

Mackerel.JPG

That may be the best mackerel of all :thumb:

SeaYoda:
That one looks like some kind of jack to me - but what do I know?

I've trying to figure out what it is, and after spending more time than it's worth on fishbase, the best I can figure is that it's a Yellow Jack.

I also now see why you thought the Barracuda was a mackeral, as there is a Family called the Snake Mackerel that looks a heck of a lot like a Barracuda. However they are typically found much deeper.

Hey, I thought my ex was hot, but I was WRONG!!! lets not crucify the guy, But one tip Yoda, buy a pocket fish id book, it can avoid the lynching

captnkurt:
Hey, I thought my ex was hot, but I was WRONG!!! lets not crucify the guy, But one tip Yoda, buy a pocket fish id book, it can avoid the lynching
Funny, I don't feel lynched, just a little broiled like the fish :D. Barracuda crossed my mind but like I said - very odd place to meet one. The teeth were what I was worried about most - not his name :D.

SeaYoda:
Funny, I don't feel lynched, just a little broiled like the fish :D. Barracuda crossed my mind but like I said - very odd place to meet one. The teeth were what I was worried about most - not his name :D.
Heh, you should have been worried about covering up anything that is shiny.. :)

Matt

I thought Bill was kidding with the whole "mackeral" naming, I thought the quotations were there to accent the joke? LOL Definately a Great Barracuda! :D I've yet to see one off the beach!

Where exactly is this pier?

I did see a Spanish Mackeral over at the jetties this past Sunday. We also saw some Kings. The crappy part is that I forgot my damned camera!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I did see a Spanish Mackeral over at the jetties this past Sunday. We also saw some Kings. The crappy part is that I forgot my damned camera!

oh, i hate it when that happens...

i saw this three-headed hammerhead once, but... i'd forgotten my camera that day

:14:

Those three-headed hammerheads are pretty rare, it sucks you didn't have you're camera. I've only seen one on a single occasion, it wasn't around long though... a Giant Antartic Seahare gobbled it up with a quickness! ...and again, no camera :(

Bugman: Just to comment on this thread, I've seen 2 cudas at St. Andrews jetties, one of them was in 4' of water in the "Kiddie" Pool. They definately will come in close to shore and in shallow water.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom