Who's coming to Alaska??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5:
I will get to Ketchikan, Juneau, and Sitka during the cruise. And you should know I'm not drysuit certed.

(Here's some info from an old thread that might help...)

Hi Kate, when your looking for deals check out http://www.alaskaair.com for fares and web specials. Flight 65 out of Seattle goes to Ketchikan, Wrangell, Petersburg, Juneau, and Anchorage. If you want to do a layover in Wrangell you're welcome to dive with us! We can provide tanks & wts & air. Wrangell has sea lions, old docks (steamship china/bottles), walls, and scallops-it's lots of fun I would also suggest Ketchikan and have Alan or Saunya from Wind & Water take you to Mt. Point-it's a cool dive. Juneau has some great wrecks, (Princess Kathleen, Princess Sophia) but getting to them this time of year is iffy, contact a shop in Juneau called "The Scuba Tank" as they run charters to the wrecks. If you get up to Seward try diving the "Fox Island Wreck", Mary's Rock, and Barwell Island-all great dives. Hope this helps...

Poog

What days will u be in Sitka?Im in the water every day of the summer and u dont need a dry suit..Just need a few days to set it up in advance..

Snowbear:
Well, I'm pretty sure Sitka Diver (the member who started this thread) should be able to help you out :D

Okay Snowbear. I'll stop clogging up this thread and PM Sitka Diver directly. :wink:

Snowbear:
Go ahead and clog the thread....

And after you get back we'll bug you to clog it some more with pictures of SE diving :D

Okay. It's a deal.

We have been diving for king crab for the last two months. We will continue diving for them through this month. Come on down and get some...

Back
Top Bottom