Who's going to the GA Dive Show Nov 30th & Dec 1st? @ Conv Ctr HOW ABOUT A SB HH???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

problem is, they need the attendance to grow...its a growing pains kind of time for the show.

I might have attended but was in Cozumel :D

I have never been to a dive show and was curious. I don't know anything about dive shows, though I have attended other types of trade shows on occasion. It would have been much more attractive to me if they had offered seminars or other educational experiences, or at least something other than vendors touting the same dive ops/resorts that many people are already familiar with from their online presence and word of mouth. By the way, do these operators really send someone from somewhere as far flung as, say, Fiji just to staff a booth at a dive show in Atlanta? Or do they recruit local representatives to staff the booth? Doesn't on-line advertising offer a lot more bang for the buck? I can't imagine choosing a dive resort or liveaboard based mostly on the fact that I saw them at a dive show.

problem is, they need the attendance to grow...its a growing pains kind of time for the show.

From the consumer perspective this is a great idea- just think how great it would be to see equipment from all of the majors companies in one location.
For this to work it would take representation from most of the major equipment manufacturers. So let's state the obvious here. Unless a GA dive shop was an Aqualung or Edge/Hog dealer, I doubt that they would be excited about this event occurring since they do not sell the gear being shown and would not likely recommend attendance. As I recall, DEMA attempted to put on (maybe they did and if so I wonder how successful it was given the blowback from the dive shops) in S. FL I believe last Spring. I believe there was a SB thread about this. It is not necessarily in the best interest of the dive shops for you to attend these event. If you do, you might decide to buy a brand they don't sell. It is in their best interest that you stick with their shop and equipment choices.

Interestingly enough the shows major sponsor was Aqualung and there were ZERO Aqualung dealers at the show, there were however TWO EDGE and HOG Dealers....:D

Interestingly enough the shows major sponsor was Aqualung and there were ZERO Aqualung dealers at the show, there were however TWO EDGE and HOG Dealers....:D

Three if you count me...

Back
Top Bottom