Why am I finding it hard to source Apeks manifold parts in uk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with all inputs so far on this thread, the o ring servicing sides of things don’t worry me (I service everything myself now after becoming disillusioned with many “approved” in the industry) the Apeks manifold issue is annoying because if one of the metal parts is damaged or needs replacing it means get a full new manifold, which ironically is why I’m replacing a halcyon one (no spares) so i don’t want to go around in circles,

Many thanks to all replying,

BUT, why on earth would one buy from a brand that is in this dire situation? People are already having extreme difficulties in getting parts and service kits even when the company is technically still in business so what would you expect if/when it actually goes out of business? The AL group is in an extremly dire situation. Many of their dealers have already switched to other brands.

If one is buying a new Apeks regulator at an almost give away price, that's one thing but trying to buy it new at retail price NOW? Why?

I quite agree with you, it could be a Hollis rerun, I do remember regs for sale at bargain prices at the end, I suppose through all of this you must think that the guys that sold Apeks to AL and obviously had no idea about Covid etc on the way and the other knock on effects must look back and think it’s a good job they sold to AL when they did…

I quite agree with you, it could be a Hollis rerun, I do remember regs for sale at bargain prices at the end, I suppose through all of this you must think that the guys that sold Apeks to AL and obviously had no idea about Covid etc on the way and the other knock on effects must look back and think it’s a good job they sold to AL when they did…

I really feel sorry for apeks and AL big time but if I want to do charity, I'd give my hard earned money to other much less fortunate individuals.

The Covid years were tough for any sports related company, especially for a niche sport like SCUBA diving.

Actually every other player in watersports had record sales thru COVID, except scuba.

Gentlemen as has already been mentioned parts and service kits are always available to the public if you look around.
Check out, this guy knows his stuff 👍

www.scubagaskets.com

They have service kits for all major brands and if you email the guy , he will find you anything you need, even Apeks service kits.

I am an Apeks Service Centre and so am only allowed to use OME service kits on customers regulators due to liability reasons, my hands are tied 😢 ,but for the general public (you guys) you can use anyone you like 👍

I’m in the uk and trying to find (another) Apeks manifold as well as o ring service kit for one I already have, but as I trawl the uk websites I’m noticing a sort of shortage, it’s annoying as the Apeks valves are really good quality in my opinion, and I’d rather stay with what I have, I do know that Apeks was sold a few years ago to one of the “big brands” and I’ve heard stories of outsourcing and the like, but the valves haven’t ceased production have they?

Apeks has stopped selling service kits/spare parts to public in UK (and many other parts of the world) years ago, it would only deal with official service centers/authorized technicians.
Just order those from Germany (or Austria), literally everybody sells those, including via eBay - this is due to the strong "right to repair" law, that forces manufacturers to provide spare parts whether they want it or not. This will probably also apply to the remaining EU countries soon.

So just find a dive shop in DE and order from there ;]
As for manifold dunno, guess not many shops stock it, not exactly hot selling item.

Whatever happened to the bit in the manual that said pull it apart check parts and replace as necessary

The bit that for the scuba shops went in one ear, and fell out to the very bottom of our deepest oceans

Even much deeper than Sir James Cameron went

Well I found a shop that had a few complete manifolds and after a bit of hunting also found some modular valves so bought those too, and then the first thing I did was tear the manifold down measure the o rings, bought a few of those for stock so I guess I’m future proofed.

Back
Top Bottom