Why do divers wear bathing suits under wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

simoncpj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hope this isn’t a holy war topic.

I come from the world of surfing and find it odd that male divers often wear trunks under a wetsuit. Why? Is there some functional benefit I am unaware of? Because most started in rental wetsuits (and ugghh)?

Pretty easy to change into a full suit without flashing everyone so ????

A really old solution: pantyhose, pantyhose leggings, or pantyhose socks. They pack very small. But they're not durable, so consider them "consumables", and take several pairs.

rx7diver

I recommend this; fashionable, covers the important parts and won't get in the way:

borat-on-beach-1a.jpg

I wear a bathing suit under my wetsuit because my Wife said she'd take a regulator hose to my nekkid butt the next time I stripped down to my skinnies in front of a bunch of people again. (It was an accident! The wind caught the towel fer cryin' out loud!) I have a pair made out of Lycra (I think) that are very comfortable and don't bunch up.

Back
Top Bottom