Why do divers wear bathing suits under wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

simoncpj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hope this isn’t a holy war topic.

I come from the world of surfing and find it odd that male divers often wear trunks under a wetsuit. Why? Is there some functional benefit I am unaware of? Because most started in rental wetsuits (and ugghh)?

Pretty easy to change into a full suit without flashing everyone so ????

Because cold water is not a male diver’s friend!

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Seinfeld+Shrinkage.jpg

An undergarment also prevents that most dreaded of all mortal conditions - Tallywhacker Chafing Syndrome (TCS). 😎👀

@simoncpj, I wear trunks or sometimes jammers even when diving from a beach. After a dive, I may not want to bother to change into clothing because I'm planning to get back into the water for a second dive fairly soon, and I just want to take the wetsuit off for the relatively short time I'm on the beach to avoid getting chilled by the wind. If it's windy I might wrap a towel around me or put on a Surf Fur sort of thing.

Hope this isn’t a holy war topic.

I come from the world of surfing and find it odd that male divers often wear trunks under a wetsuit. Why? Is there some functional benefit I am unaware of? Because most started in rental wetsuits (and ugghh)?

Pretty easy to change into a full suit without flashing everyone so ????
‘Cause not there to see your tube. Looking for sea cucumbers. Rude to show us your bod.

I wear a wetsuit undergarment, which is kind of like bike shorts without the padding.
Two of the greatest achievements of the twentieth century, aside from Sophia Loren: the moon-landing, for those who don't believe that Kubrick faked it, and boxer briefs . . .

Two of the greatest achievements of the twentieth century, aside from Sophia Loren: the moon-landing, for those who don't believe that Kubrick faked it, and boxer briefs . . .
I only recently discovered the most significant scuba creation in recent years--Lycra socks. Your wetsuit legs and booties slip on and off like magic. It has turned the hardest part of scuba for me into a non-event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom