Why do people like Masterline Booster so much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alanchang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How fast does a Masterline fill? Like what's the max speed? I never understand why ppl love Masterline so much since I can't express how much I love my big air-driven booster.
Masterline: Turn on and wait. No drama no gauges moving up and down no noise. It looks like a Tesla car that's too smart. No one can tell what you're doing when using a Masterline booster. Masterline users do not look like they're trying to complete a significant amount of missions.

My big air-driven booster: Lots of drama when using. Very noisy and high pitch drive air sound/vent sound and mechanical noise. Lots of gauges that move and lots of controls. Vented air blow into your face. Anyone can tell that there's a big deal of things going on. Also, air-driven boosters are a pleasure to run cus it is oddly satisfying to see a booster making those periodic noises. Big air-driven boosters are comparable to a hand-shift truck from the 60s that has absolutely no electronics.

If you need to fill fast, get two or even three double stage double acting big boosters and it is even more dramatic to run

Masterline: Quiet, efficient, any idiot can overhaul it for $150. No need for drive gas. Can be ran off of 120, 220 or 3 phase

Gas boosters: Loud, inefficient, super expensive overhaul, require large amounts of drive gas. Finicky, problematic, expensive to operate and maintain

Masterline: Quiet, efficient, any idiot can overhaul it for $150. No need for drive gas. Can be ran off of 120, 220 or 3 phase

Gas boosters: Loud, inefficient, super expensive overhaul, require large amounts of drive gas. Finicky, problematic, expensive to operate and maintain
ffs now I want one even more.

I power my booster using a 7.5 CFM 60 gal industrial compressor that provides plenty of drive gas. It’s really fun to run a big booster, a 7.5HP industrial compressor, a 7.5 HP high pressure compressor and a 10HP nitrox generator at the same time. Also have a few 3hp industrial air movers to cool the place and the noise could go up to 140dbs.

I pulled 150 amp service to my place and I load it to the max.

I power my booster using a 7.5 CFM 60 gal industrial compressor that provides plenty of drive gas. It’s really fun to run a big booster, a 7.5HP industrial compressor, a 7.5 HP high pressure compressor and a 10HP nitrox generator at the same time. Also have a few 3hp industrial air movers to cool the place and the noise could go up to 140dbs.

I pulled 150 amp service to my place and I load it to the max.
I power my masterline from a Honda EU2000 feeding a 110v to 208v three phase vfd.
It lets me run it anywhere and vary the speed to fit whatever bottles I am filling.

Your 7.5cfm compressor is nowhere near able to keep up with rated output of a big pneumatic booster. It will run it, but you are choking it down a lot.

I power my masterline from a Honda EU2000 feeding a 110v to 208v three phase vfd.
It lets me run it anywhere and vary the speed to fit whatever bottles I am filling.

Your 7.5cfm compressor is nowhere near able to keep up with rated output of a big pneumatic booster. It will run it, but you are choking it down a lot.
Typo. 7.5 HP. 18cfm. Big industrial upright compressor. Lights in the entire building dims. Very big compressor

Yeah but you don’t have the seen of lots of heavy equipment being used to accomplish the mission of filling technical diving gas. It usually requires me to run three to four 7.5HP motors to power difference compressor to fill my tanks.

Yeah but you don’t have the seen of lots of heavy equipment being used to accomplish the mission of filling technical diving gas. It usually requires me to run three to four 7.5HP motors to power difference compressor to fill my tanks.
I don't know you, and I'm not familiar with your operation.
But I would put money on the line that whatever you are running probably isn't quite as sizable and impressive as you think.
My home fill station would fit just about anybody's definition of "adequate"

Extra dumb question from someone who has never run a compressor but is booster-curious: Are there any compressors that can also work as boosters? As in, a motor-driven pump that can fill air tanks normally by pulling in filtered atmosphere, OR be plumbed to bypass the air intake and pull gas from a cylinder into the inlet and push it into a second cylinder? If this doesn't exist, why doesn't it exist? Seems redundant that most fill stations have both a gas-driven booster and an electric compressor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom