Why do people like Masterline Booster so much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typo. 7.5 HP. 18cfm. Big industrial upright compressor. Lights in the entire building dims. Very big compressor
That’s kind of a small booster.

I had a 15 HP 38 CFM compressor that wouldn’t run my Navy dual gas booster system.

But my Masterline could do more than that Navy system, which is why the Navy switched all of their Haskells for Masterlines.

That’s kind of a small booster.

I had a 15 HP 38 CFM compressor that wouldn’t run my Navy dual gas booster system.

But my Masterline could do more than that Navy system, which is why the Navy switched all of their Haskells for Masterlines.
Yes but you also have to fill an 80 with O2 everytime you want to top off a 2L CCR bottle just to slow down the adiabatic heating :D

Yes but you also have to fill an 80 with O2 everytime you want to top off a 2L CCR bottle just to slow down the adiabatic heating :D
Nah, I have a wee little Hydraulics International as well.

Now.

I imagine you're talking about running oxygen into a HP compressor. OEMs say not to run nitrox through a breathing air compressor, let alone pure oxygen. Can get dangerous very quickly (oxygen + oil + heat = bad news).

Other consideration is pressurised intakes on the HP units. First stage pistons and rods can't take any more than 3-5 bar, so you need pressure reducers, buffer vessels etc.

Air driven boosters are used because there's no oil in them. There's a bunch of other technical details to consider but generally speaking, yes it exists and yes it can be done. Just don't go plumbing an oxygen cylinder into your HP compressor...

Reactions: OTF
I imagine you're talking about running oxygen into a HP compressor. OEMs say not to run nitrox through a breathing air compressor, let alone pure oxygen. Can get dangerous very quickly (oxygen + oil + heat = bad news).

Other consideration is pressurised intakes on the HP units. First stage pistons and rods can't take any more than 3-5 bar, so you need pressure reducers, buffer vessels etc.

Air driven boosters are used because there's no oil in them. There's a bunch of other technical details to consider but generally speaking, yes it exists and yes it can be done. Just don't go plumbing an oxygen cylinder into your HP compressor...
What about a Rix? I personally have no experience, but the website says you can feed it O2…

Reactions: OTF
Or you can just turn the dial down on the vfd to slow the pump down.

Not super familiar with Rix machines, they don't have a market presence down here. They build a couple of oil-free units which I'd guess were designed for oxygen service in the medical industry.

Only issue in a diving context is that the medical industry only charges oxygen cylinders to about 2000psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom